I'm not a developer. Well, I was a long time back, but I haven't written production code in over a decade. The reason I'm able to have a web portfolio, heck even do parts of my work (prototyping), is because of the generosity of people who share their efforts for others to use or open-source it.
This website uses a variety of such tools. If you're not a developer like me, I encourage you to check them out.
- Zurb Foundation: Foundation has been incredebly fun to work with. I use it to not only design responsively, but its also been a source of inspiration for my renewed interest in writing code- a process I'm currently going through. Foundation is awesome!
- Google Fonts: Web fonts are awesome! I use Maven Pro and Roboto Slab fonts.
- Animate.CSS: Makes it super easy to create CSS transitions
- Fontello: Icon fonts baby
- Google Analytics
- Web Standards: I love the interwebs, I owe my living to it.
And finally, some commercial products that I enjoy using, and recommend if you're learning to write code.